Do You Commit These 7 Deadly Sins Of Thought?
"How do I change the way I think and react?"
"I don't know what I am doing wrong. People say I am negative."
"I am a complete mess. What do I change first?"
"I give up before I start anything. Help!"
Life would be just wonderful if you could recognize your negative thoughts and replace them with positive thoughts.
Negativity has this uncanny way of making its way into your thought patterns where it largely goes unrecognized.
So, how do you eliminate these negative thoughts?
The most important first step is to notice these negative thoughts and eliminate them on the spot.
If you then replace them with positive thoughts, you'll notice a tremendous change in every aspect of your life.
Here's a list of the seven deadly sins of thought and how to eliminate them fast.
“I'll do it tomorrow.”
The truth is you're never going to feel like doing what needs to be done. We all fool ourselves into thinking there will be a better time in the near future. Stop being the procrastinator!
- Anything you're putting off isn't going to get any easier.
- The most successful people are very good at taking care of the most important tasks at hand. Some things are uncomfortable, and it's necessary to push through that discomfort. Start with baby steps and build up your tolerance for discomfort!
What can you now?
“I can't do this. I can't stick with anything.”
If you don't think you can do something, you'll probably prove yourself right. This is especially true with the big stuff. Learn to persevere.
- Remember that it's not about discipline. It's really about focus and motivation.
- Tell yourself that you can do it. Remind yourself that it's more about getting motivated and applying yourself consistently. Discipline is only a good tool in the short-term. Limit yourself to one big goal and get excited about it.
Prove you can _________ (fill in the blank)?
Thinking that someone else's success impacts you negatively.
It's erroneous to believe that only a limited number of people can be successful. There's room for everyone!
- It might be lonelier at the top, but that doesn't mean there isn't room for you. You can be successful too.
- When others do well, you're actually better off being happy for them. You can examine their success and learn from it. You'll also come to believe that others will be happy when you're successful.
How will you change your thinking from now on?
“It's too late for me.”
We all have missed opportunities from our past, but that doesn't mean it's too late. People in their 60's have attended medical school and law school. Others don't get married or have children until later in life.
- Some things do take a significant amount of time to achieve, but that doesn't mean you can't get started today.
How will you prove it's NOT too late? What's on your list?
“I'll never be successful.”
Everyone fails at something along the way to success. The good news is that failure can be the best way to learn. But focusing on your failures just causes you to feel bad all the time.
- Focus your attention on your successes. Look back over your past and remember all the times you were successful. Make a list of your past successes and add your new successes to the list as they happen.
Make your list! Do it.
“Why is this happening again?”
Unpleasant things just happen. It's a normal part of life. However, just like our failures, if we spend our time dwelling on them, we make ourselves miserable.
- We all suffer at times, but that suffering passes and makes room for positive things. Avoid dwelling on the negative and look forward to better times.
What will you avoid dwelling on (be specific)? Hold yourself to it!
“I can be happy once I have (accomplished or earned) _____.”
It's unreasonable to hold yourself back from happiness until you've achieved some milestone. Unfortunately, once that goal is reached, there are more goals that follow. Putting off your happiness can become a harmful habit.
- It's important to learn to be happy with where you are and what you have. That doesn't mean you have to be completely satisfied, but you might as well be happy in the meantime.
Have you been putting off happiness? How will you change this bad habit today?
Negative thinking has an enormous impact on your success happiness in life.
It's important to recognize these negative thought patterns and squash them immediately.
Replace these negative thoughts with positive thoughts that are both realistic and supportive. In no time at all, your life will change and you will be glad you took my advice.
Think positive, be positive and solve your problem, click here.