How To Boost Your Confidence and Believe In Yourself In Just 30 Days
"How do I boost my confidence and make it stick?"
"I want to start believing in myself, but so much has gone wrong lately."
"I am totally frustrated. I need a confidence booster."
"I feel cursed. In the past year, nothing has gone right for me."
Do you believe in others more than you believe in yourself?
Do you encourage others to succeed and pursue their dreams, but doubt yourself?
When it comes to encouraging yourself, it's easy to shy away due to this self-doubt.
However, it's not fair to cheat yourself out of opportunities. Having low self-confidence can cause you to lose out on awesome experiences and a life full of joy. And you certainly don't want that, do you?
Now is a great time to start focusing on yourself and work on boosting your self-confidence. Furthermore, it's surprisingly easy to do.
Follow these four steps to boost your confidence and start believing in yourself.
Self-doubt is often developed out of hesitation. Do you take a long time to act on an impulse? If you see an opportunity, does it take you a while to go after it? The longer you take to pursue something, the more reasons you'll find for justifying your unsuitability for the opportunity.
- Avoid "sleeping on it" if you can decide right away. For a self-doubter, delaying a response usually means losing the confidence to go after the opportunity.
- Do you think you're not ideal for a new role you've been offered at work? Forget about that for a minute. Focus on the fact that you were actually offered the job for a reason!
What's slowing you down?
Challenge negative thinking.
It's easy to diminish self-confidence by harboring negative thoughts. But before you accept negative thoughts about yourself as a reality, challenge the thinking.
- Instead of accepting you're not good enough, take a moment to think about the facts. Have there been instances which support your negative thinking? If the answer is yes, then remind yourself of your many positive experiences as well.
- Beware of thought patterns that can eat away at your self-esteem. Avoid looking at life as "black or white" and live in the grey area sometimes. You may not have one trait or another, but you could have the perfect combination of what you need for your life!
- Always be sure to differentiate between feelings and facts. Just because something makes you feel a particular way doesn't mean there's any fact in it.
What specific negative thoughts stop you cold?
Be kind to yourself.
As someone who rarely displays self-confidence, you probably give yourself a hard time and consider yourself inadequate or ill-equipped. But when was the last time you were actually kind to yourself?
- Spend some time each day highlighting your positive traits. Remind yourself what makes you beautiful inside and out.
- Celebrate the small successes to help remind yourself that you're actually more amazing than you give yourself credit for.
- Try spending some time with positive people. Their energy rubs off quite easily!
Are you extra hard on yourself?
Learn to listen to and accept compliments.
Most of the time when people say nice things about you, they mean it! Take the time to really hear what positive things are being said about you. Absorb the thought and believe them!
- If someone says you're beautiful, believe them!
- Spend some time listening to the kind things said by others. And remember to say thanks each time. It helps to cement the positive thoughts in your mind.
How well do you listen to and accept compliments? Pay attention!
Over the next 30 days, remember to be patient with yourself.
Gradually, as with anything else in life, practicing self-confidence becomes second nature.
In no time, you'll see the world is in the palm of your hand. You'll hear every opportunity calling your name!
Start building your confidence now and soon it will be yours forever!
Be more self-confident and solve your problem, click here.