Follow these four steps to effective visualization:
1. Choose a quiet place without distractions.
2. Close your eyes and breathe deeply. Breathe in slowly through your nose to a count of five, then exhale through your mouth to a count of five or more. As you breathe in, your diaphragm should expand, and as you exhale, it should flatten.
- Take at least three to five breaths like this to slow your heart rate and calm your mind.
3. Picture a clear mental image of what you desire. Focus on the details. Notice the colors, textures, sounds and smells within your vision. See yourself touching the things in your vision and tasting the air.
- Let it play like a movie in your mind, with you as the director and leading star.
- Picture yourself already doing or having the things you want to manifest.
- See yourself accomplishing your goals with ease.
4. Practice visualizing the thing you want at least two times each day. In order for visualization to work to its highest potential, you must be consistent with your new habit and use the practice every day.
- If you start to experience negative thoughts during your day, stop them and replace them with your vision and the positive thoughts connected to it.
The best times are while you're in bed: first thing in the morning and just before you fall asleep. You mind tends to be more open and relaxed at these times.