3 Common Misconceptions About Hypnosis.
1. Hypnosis will not make you tell secrets. When in a hypnotic state, you're merely open to suggestions. You still have a choice and won't divulge anything you wouldn't ordinarily divulge.
- You might bring forward some inner truths, which is what hypnosis is generally used for. These might shed light on some self-sabotage or some other situations you're currently placing yourself in.
2. Hypnosis cannot make you do something against your will. Those people you see on stage have a desire to do something outrageous, which is why certain suggestions work on them. If you don't have that same desire, those suggestions would not have the same effect on you.
3. You can't be stuck in a permanent hypnotic state. Hypnosis is merely a relaxed and focused state so it's impossible to be "stuck" there.
- For instance, if the specialist left the room, one of two things would happen. Either you would fall asleep and wake up naturally or your mind would realize nothing is happening and bring you out of your focused state.
Hypnosis can be helpful in many ways, from remembering people's names to completely changing your life. Many people use hypnosis to change habits, such as quitting smoking, and form new habits, like exercising daily.0 0 0 0 0 0 0