There are many ironic things in this world. A businessperson who has every material item in the world and a huge bank account may not be happy. However, a mother who doesn't own anything, doesn't have a business, and just depends on her spouse to provide might be very happy.
A person who is able to get a great managerial position may still be unhappy and want to apply for a better job or change careers altogether. However, a secretary whose pay is just enough to cover her family's cost might be happy and love her job.
As a human being, we all have choices in life. It is a privilege that is entitled to everyone. One of the choices that is very important is to be happy. Yes, it is a choice!
Research studies have proven that attaining awareness can lead to happiness. Specifically, being aware of the things you like & want, and knowing your priorities and goals, are factors that can make you happy (or at least much happier than you are). A person who doesn't know what he or she wants in life or who has no focus is probably not very happy.
Here are some tips on finding happiness:
1. Appreciate blessings. Being aware of the importance of things within your life plays an important part in being happy. An example is thinking that having a car is a blessing. It is important because it can give you a sense of freedom. Just hop in your car and go anywhere. A roof over your head, drinking water and food in your fridge are also blessings. Many people in the world aren't as lucky.
2. Do some repainting at home. Shades of orange and yellow bring an aura of happiness as compared to dark shades of blue.
3. Be appreciative. Appreciating everything that is in life can bring contentment. Attaining contentment is happiness.
4. Write a self-improvement list. Make sure the things that are on your list will give you true satisfaction within.
5. Be positive. Remember that good habits attract good things (and good people).
6. Write down the things that trigger your bad moods. This way, things that might come your way to trigger that bad mood can be dealt with and reversed beforehand.
7. Find someone to talk to. Release your bad feelings and feel better. A trusted friend can help release your bad feelings by sharing them with him or her.
8. Try to eat something (preferably healthy) when feeling bad. Sometimes, being satisfied with the food you eat helps in releasing stress, anxiety and a dreadful mood.
9. Don't worry about outcomes. Stressing yourself out about what may or may not happen only exacerbates the feeling of being anxious and depressed.
10. Be motivated. Motivating yourself to think positively will result in being happy. Do something really cool (or romantic) with your motivation.
11. Be with friends. Being with friends will help in reducing your stress and provides necessary interaction with others.
12. Write a journal (or blog). This good therapy can release negative moods and relieve stress. You may also find out things about yourself that you never knew.
13. Go out and do. Taking your family to the beach every weekend or going skiing with your buddies will give you a sense of accomplishment in your day. Even meeting new people can be fun and exhilarating.
A person who knows how to appreciate the things that surround him or her finds greater meaning and purpose in life, which leads to true happiness.
Pleasurable things need not be expensive. Sometimes, the more expensive things are, the more they lose their value to bring happiness. Material things usually have limited contribution on a person's happiness. Find everything that makes you happy and go for it.
# # # # #